Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Living with Pest--- errr Pets


Living with Pets

Or better said—pets letting you live with them.
Ever notice that once you get a pet they can take over your world??
 
Cats,
Cats are independent little fur balls, that can be very demanding…. Yes, when they are kittens they are adorable.  Always playful, and full of energy, then all too quickly morph into these critters that only want love when they decide (usually in the middle of the night, during your favorite show or while you’re in the ‘library’). They eye the sandwich you are eating with great intensity, and cover you with their fur…. Bless their little hearts.

All that aside,  I have several cats, and they are a joy most of the time….  I have 2 that are blind,  One that has been blind from almost birth, and the other grew blind with age (she’s going to be 18 soon)  In his younger day the one that has been blind all of his life, would play with another cat we had—he would hide behind a wall and jump out at the other--- he must have amazing hearing… he still thinks he’s the alpha male cat.   The other male cat I have who is younger and bigger, lets him.

I am “cat’  sitting right now and don’t think for one minute that he has not noticed that there is a new cat in the house.

 
Dogs..
Man or woman’s best friend….  Ever loving and ever forgiving… don’t you wish people could take a few lessons from them, me included.  Great protectors or maybe you have one that will show the crooks where the goodstuff is.  At the writing of this, I have 3,  a Australian shepherd who is moving very slow these days, and I don’t want to think about what the next month may hold for her, and 2 young  little dogs…. But they bark at every passer by on the street.  It’s been a while since I had puppies, yoie, what was I thinking!!??  They have finally stopped chewing up my wood furniture.  They are brother and sister and they play and play.  I wish I had their energy.


My granddaughter just got a pig for a school project.  I personally avoid pork, but I’m thinking she will have a hard time eating it after this,   I guess he likes to roll over to have his belly scratched and is developing a personality.   And they named it!!!!---- bad decision!!  Don’t ever name something you may eat someday. 


Pet’s-- some people think they are just an object to have or use.  Not even thinking for a minute that they have feelings, thoughts, and ability to think. 

 
One more short story to prove my point that they are smart critters. 

When I was young we had a dog, we were going on vacation in a few days, and mom had packed all but a few things…  Puffy knew something was up,  and she was mad when everybody left to run to the store --thinking she was left behind, she found my mom’s corset and hid it in her bed…. Mom had to wear a girdle the next few days to work—until we found it in the basket…..  (fyi a girdle is a very tight fitting undergarment. )  Puffy, was very  happy when she got to go on the vaction with us;  Mom was very happy she didn't have to wear the girdle.

No comments:

Post a Comment